Ysgol Croes Atti's School Council represents the views of all our pupils. It gives children the opportunity to make their voices heard and feel part of the whole school community.
The School Council Committee is elected group of children from Year 3 to Year 6. Each representative is chosen by his/her class via a nomination/election process at the start of each school year.
A School Council can also propose and take forward initiative and projects on behalf of their peers and be involved in strategic planning and processes such as the meetings and staff appointments.
The object of an effective School Councils is to help children and young people to:
- enjoy and feel empowered by their education
- feel that their school responds to their needs and views
- have the opportunity to let adults know their feelings and opinions about things that affect them
- have a say about decisions and to play an active role in making their school a better place
- develop life skills through participation